POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : modeller vs. hand coding... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  modeller vs. hand coding... (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: Mike Weber
Subject: modeller vs. hand coding...
Date: 25 Apr 2000 00:32:01
Message: <39051fc1@news.povray.org>
A few weeks ago there was discussion as to what method was better to
construct a POV scene: using a modeller such as Moray or doing it by
straight POV text.  I came up with an idea for an object/scene as a base:
the Pillsbury Doughboy - so who can model the best doughboy with Moray (or
other modeller) and who can do the best with straight POV text?  I'm curious
to see if anyone is up to the challenge....

Mike

--
mwe### [at] sciticom
www.geocities.com/mikepweber

Post a reply to this message

> A few weeks ago there was discussion as to what method was better to
> construct a POV scene: using a modeller such as Moray or doing it by
> straight POV text.  I came up with an idea for an object/scene as a base:
> the Pillsbury Doughboy - so who can model the best doughboy with Moray (or
> other modeller) and who can do the best with straight POV text?  I'm curious
> to see if anyone is up to the challenge....

 After studying some images of the Pillsbury Doughboy on the web it
appears to me that the only logical approach to modelling him would
be through the use of blobs. Since I am neither profecient with
modelling blobs with a modeller or by hand it would not be what I
would consider a fair challenge.

Count me out.

> be through the use of blobs. Since I am neither profecient with
> modelling blobs with a modeller or by hand it would not be what I
..

Is there a blob modeller? Link?

Post a reply to this message

http://www.tk.xaxon.ne.jp/~tsuru/tool/tool_e.html