POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi All Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Hi All (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Markus Becker
Subject: Re: Hi All
Date: 19 Apr 2000 08:20:48
Message: <38FDA556.1EE07985@student.uni-siegen.de>
Bob Hughes wrote:
> How fast is fast?

Fast is running an infinite loop in two and a half seconds ;-)

Markus

Post a reply to this message

From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 19 Apr 2000 08:38:31
Message: <38fda8c7$1@news.povray.org>
> I've just purchased a new computer and already it's giving me email /news
> problems. So I apologise in advance for any crazy posts that may appear
> here!

has anyone ever noticed that new hardware always screws about for a few
months before it beds itself down, and start working properly..?

my brother has just built a K7 Geforce based monster (over 100fps in Q3 the
git), but the amount of times it has shot itself in the space of 2 weeks is
unreal, and after installing windows for about the seventh time it finally
seems to be working right.!

also has anyone ever noticed that the quality of ppl's pov work dramatically
goes up as soon as they don't have to wait as long for there renders to
complete?

Rick

Post a reply to this message

Those analog CPUs with AI getting made now?  Hadn't heard...  :-)

Quality of my POVing is not quite keeping in step with the computer upgrades, but it
sure isn't
hurting either thanks to it.

Bob

"Rick [Kitty5]" <kit### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote in message
| > I've just purchased a new computer and already it's giving me email /news
| > problems. So I apologise in advance for any crazy posts that may appear
| > here!
|
| has anyone ever noticed that new hardware always screws about for a few
| months before it beds itself down, and start working properly..?
|
| my brother has just built a K7 Geforce based monster (over 100fps in Q3 the
| git), but the amount of times it has shot itself in the space of 2 weeks is
| unreal, and after installing windows for about the seventh time it finally
| seems to be working right.!
|
| also has anyone ever noticed that the quality of ppl's pov work dramatically
| goes up as soon as they don't have to wait as long for there renders to
| complete?
|
| Rick

Post a reply to this message