POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gemstone library? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  gemstone library? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Matt
Subject: gemstone library?
Date: 15 Apr 2000 06:10:17
Message: <38F840D9.7E607AC2@spherica.demon.co.uk>
My girlfriend is into making jewellery. I have started to design some 3d
animated rings  etc. for her  to copy one day!

Does anyone know of any POV code closely describing the optical
properties of typical gemstones (eg. diamond, sapphire, opal, moonstone
etc.) as well as some traditional cuts (eg. classic diamond facets,
hemispherical/cabochon<sp?>, quartz-like cleavage, etc.)?

Many thanks in advance

Matt Rhys-Roberts
N.Wales

Post a reply to this message

"Matt" <mrr### [at] sphericademoncouk> wrote :

> Does anyone know of any POV code closely describing the optical
> properties of typical gemstones

    There was an IOR include file posted just a few days ago....

Post a reply to this message

> My girlfriend is into making jewellery. I have started to design some 3d
> animated rings  etc. for her  to copy one day!
>
> Does anyone know of any POV code closely describing the optical
> properties of typical gemstones (eg. diamond, sapphire, opal, moonstone
> etc.) as well as some traditional cuts (eg. classic diamond facets,
> hemispherical/cabochon<sp?>, quartz-like cleavage, etc.)?
>
> Many thanks in advance

A gem stone include file can be found here -
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~agoodman/gems.inc

My diamond include file can be found in the POV-Ray objects collection at -
http://povobjects.virtualave.net/

The Ior include file that Bill mentioned can be found here -
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Program/2549/