POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can't layer patterns? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Can't layer patterns? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Can't layer patterns?
Date: 28 Mar 2000 15:16:20
Message: <38E1143D.9761362A@unforgettable.com>
I've been working on something ("Don't Tread On Me", in the images
group), and in the process of this I kept getting errors telling me that
I can't layer over a patterned texture.

What gives? Is there some good reason for this, or is it an oversight
(unlikely, I think)? I wanted to add some slope-dependent dust and a
rusty bozo to the metal spiky thing, but it won't let me do it... :/

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:21:24 -0700, Xplo Eristotle wrote:
>I've been working on something ("Don't Tread On Me", in the images
>group), and in the process of this I kept getting errors telling me that
>I can't layer over a patterned texture.
>
>What gives? Is there some good reason for this, or is it an oversight
>(unlikely, I think)? I wanted to add some slope-dependent dust and a
>rusty bozo to the metal spiky thing, but it won't let me do it... :/

It's due to a design problem in the POV source.  It could be fixed, but
it's quite a bit of work.  It's definitely not an oversight, though.

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:21:24 -0700, Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> >I've been working on something ("Don't Tread On Me", in the images
> >group), and in the process of this I kept getting errors telling me that
> >I can't layer over a patterned texture.
> >
> >What gives? Is there some good reason for this, or is it an oversight
> >(unlikely, I think)? I wanted to add some slope-dependent dust and a
> >rusty bozo to the metal spiky thing, but it won't let me do it... :/
>
> It's due to a design problem in the POV source.  It could be fixed, but
> it's quite a bit of work.  It's definitely not an oversight, though.

Any hope we'll see this fixed in the near-mythical 4.0 version? :)

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:24:01 -0700, Xplo Eristotle wrote:

>Ron Parker wrote:

>> It's due to a design problem in the POV source.  It could be fixed, but
>> it's quite a bit of work.  It's definitely not an oversight, though.
>
>Any hope we'll see this fixed in the near-mythical 4.0 version? :)

Your guess is as good as mine.