POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dry-running Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Dry-running (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nick Drew
Subject: Dry-running
Date: 22 Mar 2000 11:24:34
Message: <38d8f3c2$1@news.povray.org>
Hiya, POV People...

Can anyone suggest methods of organising a network to batch-up rendering
large numbers of files.

I've got the following setup...

    o) An NT 4.0 SP4 network environment
    o) A webserver (actually a WebL server) which maintains a list of the
directories and source files to be rendered.
    o) Client machines running a WebL script which connects to the server
and grabs a handful of files, and copies the output to a network drive.
    o) MegaPov as the renderer

Most of the batches I run last 3-4 days (e.g. about 4000-5000 frames).  Of
course, if there are any source file errors, or date errors, etc. the whole
thing can go pear-shaped.

Would anyone like to suggest methods of maintaining quality control in the
batch script, including such operations as:
    o) "Linting" all source files
    o) checking referenced textures and meshes exist
    o) performing a "proofing" run with random samples from each machine
    o) generating reports on such

Specifically, does anyone know of a "povray checker" which returns useful
information.  If not, how useful would anyone else find such a tool?

Cheers

Nick Drew
hyp### [at] btinternetcom

Post a reply to this message