POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How's it pronounced? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  How's it pronounced? (Message 21 to 30 of 33)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: How's it pronounced?
Date: 14 Mar 2000 23:14:23
Message: <38cf0e1f@news.povray.org>
"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message
| Ken wrote:
| >
| > POV - rhymes with grove.
| >

| The dispute is made even more pointless by the fact that POV-users are a
| multi-lingual bunch. The way I would pronounce P.O.V. differs considerably
from
| the way an Englishman would.
| For the record, I prononce it as 'POV' and there can be very little
disagreement
| as to how this should sound in Estonian.
|
| Margus

For the English speaking group, how about pov=love then?  Is that ever said?
Sorry, you might not realize I'm being sarcastic... and I am.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Wagner
Date: 15 Mar 2000 02:14:00
Message: <38cf3838@news.povray.org>
Steve Martin wrote in message <38C### [at] usitnet>...
>How is "POV-Ray" officially pronounced

I usually don't pronounce it.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Lars Luthman
Date: 15 Mar 2000 07:04:49
Message: <38cf7c61$1@news.povray.org>
Josh English skrev i meddelandet <38CE605F.DF4C8E0C@spiritone.com>...
>We say "M-B" or "Megabyte" instead of "mib"

Where I come from, we say "meg".

--ll

Post a reply to this message

From: Josh English
Date: 15 Mar 2000 10:35:44
Message: <38CFAD80.DEDD07A2@spiritone.com>
Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I should have used kilobytes for an
example instead.

Josh

--
Josh English