POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How's it pronounced? : Re: How's it pronounced? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How's it pronounced?
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 16 Mar 2000 02:35:03
Message: <38D08ED7.E8A902AB@ij.net>
Steve Martin wrote:

> Forgive me for this admittedly anal question, but I got to
> wondering after reading all these "Linux is pronounced..."
> threads.

> How is "POV-Ray" officially pronounced? Is it "PAHV-ray"
> (as I've always thought of it), "PEE-OH-VEE-ray", or
> something else?

> Is there even an "official" pronunciation? Is this a
> question for the Team?

	POV-ray is officially pronounced Kaylaylockvaylocknickgo'go'go'.
It is a melding of Gaelic (pronounced gaulic), Hindustani and
Inuit. It may not be clear from the english spelling but it is
obvious to those of Gaelic-Hindustani-Inuit ancestry.

--
<A href="http://www.giwersworld.org">A free internet for a free
people.</a>