POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : multiple reflections? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  multiple reflections? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: hall
Subject: multiple reflections?
Date: 9 Mar 2000 22:11:37
Message: <38c867e9@news.povray.org>
Well, I looked in the documentation, and I just couldn't find an answer to
this question:
    Is there a way to limit the number of times a single ray bounces off of
a reflecting surface?
(Like if you put a camera between two parallel planes with both their
reflection's set to one, and you only
wanted three reflections off of each plane instead of infinity or whatever
the povray default is)
I would greatly appreciate any help anybody can give.

Quadhall
tre### [at] ww-interlinknet

Post a reply to this message

> Well, I looked in the documentation, and I just couldn't find an answer to
> this question:
>     Is there a way to limit the number of times a single ray bounces off of
> a reflecting surface?
> (Like if you put a camera between two parallel planes with both their
> reflection's set to one, and you only
> wanted three reflections off of each plane instead of infinity or whatever
> the povray default is)
> I would greatly appreciate any help anybody can give.
>
> Quadhall
> tre### [at] ww-interlinknet

max_trace_level ?