POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  The Language of POV-Ray (Message 238 to 247 of 297)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: The Language of POV-Ray
Date: 16 Mar 2000 01:51:07
Message: <38d0845b@news.povray.org>
Nigel Stewart wrote in message <38CE3356.F0445117@nigels.com>...
> Why can't I get an instant list of all everywhere that
> a certain variable is modified, or a function called?
> The compiler figures out all this information but
> doesn't use it for useful things.  C++ programmers
> are trapped all day in this klunky ASCII view of
> their problem.

Why don't you check out some of the capabilities of Microsoft Visual C++
1.0?  It has all this information immediately available to the programmer.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 16 Mar 2000 03:57:47
Message: <38d0a20a@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
: With a mouse one can do copy and paste of long expressions
: quite fast. But for systems without a pointing device I see
: that the problem could cause a lot of keyboard hammering.

  To me it's often easier and faster to copypaste with the keyboard than
with the mouse. This is specially true when the zone to paint is larger
than the current screen.