POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toughie - detailed wings Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Toughie - detailed wings (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ryan Twitchell
Subject: Toughie - detailed wings
Date: 15 Feb 2000 18:20:34
Message: <38a9df42@news.povray.org>
Can anyone suggest a good way to make highly detailed bird's wings,
feathers and all? My first thought was to use heightfields, as they would use
little memory and be quick to render. I suppose a complex object like a mesh
would provide greater detail, but seems like a very difficult approach.

Thanks,
 Ryan Twitchell

Post a reply to this message

Array of scaled disks with an image map?

"Ryan Twitchell" <try### [at] rochesterrrcom> wrote in message
>   Can anyone suggest a good way to make highly detailed bird's wings,
> feathers and all? My first thought was to use heightfields, as they would
use
> little memory and be quick to render. I suppose a complex object like a
mesh
> would provide greater detail, but seems like a very difficult approach.
>
> Thanks,
>  Ryan Twitchell

Post a reply to this message