POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray user count Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  povray user count (Message 1 to 10 of 45)
From: Justin Clark
Subject: povray user count
Date: 30 Jan 2000 18:05:12
Message: <3894c3a8@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me an approximate idea as to how many
povray users there are right now?

-Justin

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: povray user count
Date: 30 Jan 2000 18:16:48
Message: <3894C631.BB207664@pacbell.net>
Justin Clark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can give me an approximate idea as to how many
> povray users there are right now?
>
> -Justin

The POV-Team keeps statistics on the traffic at their site but it would
be almost impossible using those statistics to determine the size of
their user base. It might give you some insight however looking at
the stats below for the month of Nov. 1999. My personal home page,
dedicated to POV-Ray, has had 12,000+ visitors since it went online
in April of last year. I would guess that there is a fairly large
POV-User base but I would not care to guess at how many.

The statistics for the POV-Ray home page at - http://www.povray.org

Daily Averages for the month of November 1999

Total Hits                 97,428
Files Downloaded           85,479
Pages Accessed             40,219

Monthly Totals for the month of November 1999

Total Hits              2,922,863
Files Downloaded        2,565,378
Pages Accessed          1,206,595
Bandwidth in KBytes    74,387,415

> Daily Averages for the month of November 1999
>
> Total Hits                 97,428
> Files Downloaded           85,479
> Pages Accessed             40,219
>
> Monthly Totals for the month of November 1999
>
> Total Hits              2,922,863
> Files Downloaded        2,565,378
> Pages Accessed          1,206,595
> Bandwidth in KBytes    74,387,415