POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray user count Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  povray user count (Message 41 to 45 of 45)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: povray user count
Date: 7 Feb 2000 18:09:52
Message: <389F5071.FABA04D7@faricy.net>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>        But to real comparisons. When the US has minimum wage of a bit over
> $5

> an hour and a maximum work week of 40 hours that is $200 or about the list
> price of Win98. In other words it costs a minimum of a week's wages. So
> tell me, who else can afford it? And why would they pay that much? Most
> countries can not.

$200-tax-insurance-utilities-groceries-house/car/credit card payments=what?

--
___     ______________________________________________________
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Feb 2000 19:48:29
Message: <JVifOMLzBExwh3bmElCG=qxVdIMn@4ax.com>
On 6 Feb 2000 21:56:46 -0500, sjl### [at] ndirectcouk (Steve) wrote:

>I went to the Linux counter page http://counter.li.org/ and was
>amazed that a higher percentage of gulgarians per head of population
>use Linux than the US or UK.

Ahem... that would be Bulgarians Steve :)

Well, you shouldn't be wondering. First of all, we are prerry diy
folk. Also, legal NT is out of the reach of most companies and now
with the BSA sticking their noses everywhere no one would want to mess
with pirating software. Also, one has to consider that before the
reformations we were a very high-tech country (nuclear physics, optics
and lasers, space tech, biochem, military research and of course
computing). The thousands of unemployed programmers are looking into
the future, and for a country where Windows costs 5 minimal monthly
wages (or two average), the future is Linux. So there.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

> wages (or two average), the future is Linux. So there.

Where can I get a crack for Linux ?