POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray user count : Re: povray user count Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray user count
From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Feb 2000 19:48:29
Message: <JVifOMLzBExwh3bmElCG=qxVdIMn@4ax.com>
On 6 Feb 2000 21:56:46 -0500, sjl### [at] ndirectcouk (Steve) wrote:

>I went to the Linux counter page http://counter.li.org/ and was
>amazed that a higher percentage of gulgarians per head of population
>use Linux than the US or UK.

Ahem... that would be Bulgarians Steve :)

Well, you shouldn't be wondering. First of all, we are prerry diy
folk. Also, legal NT is out of the reach of most companies and now
with the BSA sticking their noses everywhere no one would want to mess
with pirating software. Also, one has to consider that before the
reformations we were a very high-tech country (nuclear physics, optics
and lasers, space tech, biochem, military research and of course
computing). The thousands of unemployed programmers are looking into
the future, and for a country where Windows costs 5 minimal monthly
wages (or two average), the future is Linux. So there.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700