POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to do a lamp shade? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  How to do a lamp shade? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: cadman
Subject: How to do a lamp shade?
Date: 25 Jan 2000 18:55:38
Message: <388e37fa@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to get the light cover to look realistic, but in order to make
the room bright enough I have to make the lamp shade look too bright.  The
texture I'm using is:

#declare R_LIGHT_T = texture {
        pigment { color rgbft <0.9, 1.0, 0.9, 10, 1>*0.25 }
        finish {
                diffuse 0.1
                specular 0.8
                roughness 0.9
                reflection 0.85
        }
}

Any help?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'room_bi4.jpg' (19 KB)

Preview of image 'room_bi4.jpg'
room_bi4.jpg

adding no_shadow to your object and removing the filter and transmit floats
from your pigment? Does the object use double_illuminate?

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial: http://members.aol.com/stbenge