POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Japanese povray links Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Some Japanese povray links (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: omniVERSE
Subject: Re: Some Japanese povray links
Date: 16 Jan 2000 01:13:20
Message: <38816180@news.povray.org>
Nothing like a good old fashioned language barrier to get in the way of
progress.  I have a niece that took a Japanese language class and my dad was in
Japan a while near the end of the Korean War and he still knows some of it too.
I can't remember any Spanish or German I had in school.  I have seen a few web
pages of Japanese content about POV-Ray many times before which almost had me
installing the font for them even though I'd never be able to read it probably.
Would just make them look better I guess.
Wonder what the actual number of languages is that would need to be known to
converse with everyone using POV-Ray. Too many?

Bob

"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> Sander wrote:
>
> > What a pity if we should miss this because the Japanese POV-users don't post
> > here! I suppose that you could now and again make us aware of what is going
> > on in Japan (in this regard :).
> > (I wonder how much more we don't see - or I don't get to see...)
>
> Yes, it's a real pity, because the Pov scene seems quite lively in Japan, and
> lively enough to support 2 consecutive Pov books. And our Japanese friends are
> quite talented with Povray, art-wise and math-wise. They keep up with the
latest
> developements, have a lot of stuff translated and so on. From my discussions
> with Tsutomu Higo, I understand that many Japanese povers think they do not
> speak english fluently enough to participate in the english-speaking
newsgroups.

> I surely would like to hear from them more often, because the povray community
> could benefit a lot more from their experience and talent than it does
> presently. For instance, it took several years (and Ron Parker's Superpatch)
for
> Ryoichi Suzuki's isosurface patch to become popular.
>
> G.

Post a reply to this message