POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Site in the works.... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  New POV-Site in the works.... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Gregoire Millette
Subject: New POV-Site in the works....
Date: 14 Jan 2000 02:07:33
Message: <387ECC65.E8516122@home.com>
Don't know about you guys but I miss Twysted.net so I have decided to
start a web page dedicated to POV and it's users.  The layout will
closely resemble the likes of Planetquake and VoodooExtreme...2
excellent news and info pages.  I plan on putting up reviews of new
#include files and other programs that can export to povray, texture
editors and of course online tutorials.  Wouldn't it be nice if all the
Patches and #include files were easy to find? Instead of going through
the povray newsgroups trying to find that cool #include file you noticed
about 2 weeks ago.  Well the site will have "ALL" the #include files
categorized and liked to their respective author + hopefully a little
explanation on how to use it.  News about the IMP, IRTC, IMP and others
will be posted regularly.  Right now all I'm asking for is if some of
you can render up a logo for the page as I start mapping out the basic
layout of the page.  The page will be called Planet POV-Ray since the
domain www.planetpov.com doesn't seem to be taken it seems appropriate
:)  If some of you are interested start a-renderin' and send it to me.
Size is no issue since I have cable modem.  All the logos will be
reviewed by me and I will choose the "coolest" one to be used for the
main logo.  The other one's will be fed to my recycle bin...just kidding
:)  All logos will be put in the Logo compo section of the page.  I hope
to have several small competition like the lost "One line pov code"
compo.  More about this and other logos once the site is up.  SO again,
send me those logos and watch for the site soon (hopefully in the coming
week).

L8r

Greg

Post a reply to this message