POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background Images? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Background Images? (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Valerie Robbins
Subject: Background Images?
Date: 7 Jan 2000 00:14:05
Message: <3875761d@news.povray.org>
Is it possible with POV Ray 3.1 to put in a background image.  I know about
the sky sphere, but I would like to have my objects in the foreground, and
then a bitmap (or some other graphic format) in the back, like a picture of
some snowy mountians.  Is this possible without actually modelling the
mountains?  I know that many software packages have features like this, but
I'm at a loss to find anything mentioned in the POV documentation on it.

-Val

Post a reply to this message

Val, please see POV-Ray documentation, section 4.7.1.5 - "Image Maps".
Yes, an image can be used as a background or mapped to objects. Photo
images of people, product labels, or even other rendered images may be
used.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:20:40 -0800, in message
<3875761d@news.povray.org>, "Valerie Robbins" <vro### [at] earthlinknet>