POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Death of Watcom C++ Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Death of Watcom C++ (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Pabs
Subject: Death of Watcom C++
Date: 19 Dec 1999 22:05:06
Message: <385D9CD6.A418E85A@hotmail.com>
What is the POV-Team going to do now that Watcom C++ is dying
Please don't go to MSVC++
See below for more info
http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocId/ID=20510

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Death of Watcom C++
Date: 19 Dec 1999 22:36:03
Message: <385D9F2F.43C36EB7@pacbell.net>
Pabs wrote:

> What is the POV-Team going to do now that Watcom C++ is dying
> Please don't go to MSVC++
> See below for more info
> http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocId/ID=20510

Eerie. That announcment reads just like the Metecreations announcement
did. I guess that even though they are dropping support for the product
that does not mean that the POV-Team has to stop using it.

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !

Post a reply to this message

> Eerie. That announcment reads just like the Metecreations announcement
> did. I guess that even though they are dropping support for the product
> that does not mean that the POV-Team has to stop using it.
>
> --
> Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !

Yeah but what about the lack of updated code generation (speed of it &
optimisations on it etc. - seems a little disheartening (is that a word????

--   |

Post a reply to this message