POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Death of Watcom C++ : Re: Death of Watcom C++ Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Death of Watcom C++
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 20 Dec 1999 12:10:06
Message: <385e62ee@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote :

>  Does a comiler make code or does it make a program out of code ?

    Yes. A compiler makes code out of code. Hope I've cleared that up...

    Using MSVC++ as a compiler won't make much of a difference in the
program itself. The problem, if there is one, would be if they switched over
to MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes). That is the single largest bloater of
code in the universe.

    I suspect that they will write straight to API though so that the code
can be compiled from source in any C++ compiler. That would make more sense
considering the history so far.