POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Default folders for pov? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Default folders for pov? (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Default folders for pov?
Date: 12 Dec 1999 07:49:13
Message: <=ZhTOASw3uPVmlvf3RyITf35zRQz@4ax.com>
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 02:34:10 -0800, Alan Kong
<ako### [at] povrayNO-SPAMorg> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:41:23 +0100, "AC" <amb### [at] teliacom> wrote:
>
>>By the way, I found a good solution to my problem....
>>I made a shortcut to the folder where I wanted to put my "*.pov" files and
>>put it in the My Documents folder, so now I only have to double click that
>>shortcut and I turn up at the right place......
>>
>>But it would still be nice if they would put the featchure in Povray  4.0 .
>>For example under the options menu.
>
>  I'll make a note of this request.

I have it on my personal wishlist and will go with the rest (less than
700 messages to go :) )

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

From: omniVERSE
Date: 12 Dec 1999 15:20:47
Message: <3854039f@news.povray.org>
Thanks Chris, Bill.  Wouldn't you just know it... the obvious overlooked
once again.  Did fine here too, and to think I was hunting through the
Windows Registry for a fix (dumber than I look).

Bob

"Bill DeWitt" <the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> "Chris Colefax" <cco### [at] geocitiescom> wrote :
> >
> > I don't use the Windows version myself, but it sounds like you're
getting
> > Explorer's current directory as the open/save folder.  In this case, you
> > should be able to set a fixed folder in the properties of the shortcut
> > POV-Ray (the Start In option)...maybe?
> >

>     Yep, that's what I just did and it worked just fine. Right click on
the
> Icon or Start Menu Item and choose Properties then type in the path you
want
> in the "Start in" box.

Post a reply to this message