POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay and reality Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay and reality (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Fabian Brau
Subject: PovRay and reality
Date: 20 Oct 1999 07:33:57
Message: <380DB70B.2EB19B49@umh.ac.be>
Hello,

Someone has already test how Povray can reproduce reality. This means
you take a simple scene (simple object), with simple light and you take
a photo and you compare to what povray calculate. Has povray is not
devoted to do this you can in a second step use some tricks (additional
light with no_shadow etc..). The difficulty is to repoduce exactly the
real scene into povray and find the good texture. Someone has attempt to
do this?

Fabian.

Post a reply to this message