POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images (Message 27 to 36 of 46)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images
Date: 28 Sep 1999 04:14:45
Message: <37f078f5@news.povray.org>
I'd like to point out an interesting thing.

I did a bit of digging on the author.  Turns out that his first book in the
series got this as a review by Booknews Inc (April 1, 1990):

"A text for introductory computing courses, updated and expanded in the
areas of applications and the end-user, communications, and software and
hardware. Includes loads of color pictures and a buyer's guide to personal
computers. No bibliography."

The specifically state No bibliography which kind of leads me to beleive
that perhaps this author isn't totally careful about his sources and
copyrights.

Also, this series of books are quite pricey, ~$60 US - hardly non-profit!

So, I'd say contact all other artists if possible, get their opinions and
that of the ppl at IRTC, then decide what to do from there.  Ken had some
nice links on Copyright Law so check them out too.  In my opinion, they've
breeched your copyright and they are not using the book "non-profit".  Of
course I'm not a legal person clothed in black :)

Post a reply to this message