POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spelling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Spelling (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Ken
Subject: Spelling
Date: 5 Sep 1999 10:18:38
Message: <37D27B5E.4E53E67E@pacbell.net>
Greetings,

I am having difficulty understanding the different spelling and meaning
of the following words and am seeking someone who can advise me on the
correct spelling and usage of each:

Modeling

Modelling

Modeler

Modeller

Examples of their use that I am interested in are:

This program is a full featured modelling environment.

This modeller offers many features for use with povray.

or should it be

This program is a full featured modeling environment.

This modeler offers many features for use with povray.

  When is the double "L" spelling used and when should it be avoided.

  For the curious I am proof reading my links col(l)ection for spelling errors
and I am unsure which spelling to use for these common program descriptions.

  The standard netscape like spell checker is not suitable for establishing
these rules of usage so don't simply pass the words through your spell checker
and send me your corrections. I have already done so and have found ambiguities
in the spelling and use of these words that the spell checker programs do not
account for.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: