POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Food for thought... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Food for thought... (Message 11 to 20 of 60)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Food for thought...
Date: 3 Sep 1999 05:17:53
Message: <37cf9241@news.povray.org>
>1 is arbitrary.  1=1 is redundant arbitration.

Let x = y
It follows that:
                  x - y = 0

And that:
                  2x - 2y = 0

Therefore:
                  x - y = 2x - 2y

But:
                  x - y = 1(x - y)  and...
                  2x - 2y = 2(x - y)

So:
                  1(x - y) = 2(x - y)

Dividing both sides by (x - y):
                  1 = 2

(I know it's a falcity but it's fun to look at ;)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 3 Sep 1999 05:31:39
Message: <37CF952D.7C9B3AB4@pacbell.net>
Let 1=1 and end the argument :)

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: