POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request: fog in interior Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: fog in interior (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: Feature request: fog in interior
Date: 19 Aug 1999 16:09:55
Message: <37bc6493@news.povray.org>
Right now media can be both global and inside an
object's interior and I wondered if the same
thing would be possible to do with fog?

I think the uses of fog would be greatly increased
if that became possible. For an example see my
post in povray.binaries.images with the subject
"Foggy liquid".

So...?
Would it be possible?

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, hundreds of
raytracing jokes, miscellaneous other things,
and a lot of fun!

Post a reply to this message

Rune S. Johansen <run### [at] inamecom> wrote:
: Right now media can be both global and inside an
: object's interior and I wondered if the same
: thing would be possible to do with fog?

  I think that it should be very easy to implement. I also think that this
is a very good suggestion for pov3.5.

>Rune S. Johansen <run### [at] inamecom> wrote:
>: Right now media can be both global and inside an
>: object's interior and I wondered if the same
>: thing would be possible to do with fog?
>
>  I think that it should be very easy to implement. I also think that this
>is a very good suggestion for pov3.5.

Thanks for the reply!

Even a *good* reply! ;-)

Hope it'll be implemented then.