POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob Sculptor problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Blob Sculptor problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Hans Petter Birkeland
Subject: Blob Sculptor problem
Date: 24 Aug 1999 10:42:31
Message: <01beee3e$e50a67c0$7cdf43a0@fjdi27357.nrk.no>
I don't know if this is the right forum for this problem, but I'll try.
I have Blob Sculptor 2.0, and I have problems with saving in .pov format.
BS 2.0 makes blobs out of both spheres and cones/cylinders, but only the
spheres are saved in the .pov file. Have anybody else had this problem?
Attatched is a .blb example and the corresponding .pov file.
--
Hans Petter Birkeland
han### [at] c2inet

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Teddy.blb.txt' (1 KB) Download 'Teddy.pov.txt' (1 KB)

I talked to the Author once and he told me that he was not even aware that
POV could use cylinders in blobs and that if he ever got around to it he
would fix that..... this was two-three years ago...8-(

Hans Petter Birkeland <han### [at] nrkno> wrote in message
> I don't know if this is the right forum for this problem, but I'll try.
> I have Blob Sculptor 2.0, and I have problems with saving in .pov format.
> BS 2.0 makes blobs out of both spheres and cones/cylinders, but only the
> spheres are saved in the .pov file. Have anybody else had this problem?
> Attatched is a .blb example and the corresponding .pov file.
> --
> Hans Petter Birkeland
> han### [at] c2inet
> http://home.c2i.net/hanspb/

Post a reply to this message

> I don't know if this is the right forum for this problem, but I'll try.
> I have Blob Sculptor 2.0, and I have problems with saving in .pov format.
> BS 2.0 makes blobs out of both spheres and cones/cylinders, but only the
> spheres are saved in the .pov file. Have anybody else had this problem?
> Attatched is a .blb example and the corresponding .pov file.
> --
> Hans Petter Birkeland
> han### [at] c2inet
> http://home.c2i.net/hanspb/

  You may wish to take a look at a new blob modelling program called Blob Master.
It has support for cylindrical blobs and has a much better GUI than Blob Sculptor
does.

Blob Master is available at:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.htm

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: