POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When's POV-3.5 expected? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  When's POV-3.5 expected? (Message 11 to 20 of 44)
From: Gerald K  Dobiasovsky
Subject: Re: When's POV-3.5 expected?
Date: 17 Sep 1999 20:34:14
Message: <37e2de06@news.povray.org>
TonyB <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:
> >Nah, it'd be spelled right. :)
>
> Stupid spanish... aargh! It really messed me up. I'm having serious
trouble
> getting ready for my SAT because of it. I don't know any of the
terminology
> in english. I just learned what a _mean_ is in mathematics. I feel stupid,
> and I know I'm not.
<snip...>

Quite interesting!
I always thought "millennium" to be Latin
and Spanish to be closer to this language than English!

Gerald

Post a reply to this message

From: TonyB
Date: 17 Sep 1999 21:05:00
Message: <37e2e53c@news.povray.org>
Although spanish has a closer relationship to latin, it was greatly
influenced by the arabs. Words like alcohol, zanahoria, almohada, and many
more come from arabic roots. Another thing to consider is the fact that most
latin-based words in english, like millennium, Pegasus, equilibrium, and all
that suffer a transformation in spanish. The previous examples become:
milenio, Pegaso, and equilibrio. Do you notice what happens to -us and -um?
I hope that explains things for you. =)

Post a reply to this message