POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unicode Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Unicode (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Unicode
Date: 12 Sep 1999 15:03:30
Message: <37dbf902@news.povray.org>
I've heard mention of a "Unicode Patch" for POV.  Where can I see more
information on it?

Specifically, is it just to allow Unicode in the true-type font text
objects, or will it allow me to use greek letters as variable names and
macro parameters?

--John

Post a reply to this message

> I've heard mention of a "Unicode Patch" for POV.  Where can I see more
> information on it?
>
> Specifically, is it just to allow Unicode in the true-type font text
> objects, or will it allow me to use greek letters as variable names and
> macro parameters?
>
> --John

I do not know anything specific about the patch but it can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/4453/unipatch/

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:03:25 -0500, John M. Dlugosz <joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:
>I've heard mention of a "Unicode Patch" for POV.  Where can I see more
>information on it?
>
>Specifically, is it just to allow Unicode in the true-type font text
>objects, or will it allow me to use greek letters as variable names and
>macro parameters?

It's only a text object patch, it has no effect on what the parser considers
to be a character or on what the editor will allow you to input.

Post a reply to this message