POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spelling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Spelling (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Spelling
Date: 6 Sep 1999 08:26:41
Message: <37d3b301@news.povray.org>
I have no idea which one is "correct" for me to use... but personally I just
like the LOOK of the double L.  :)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind
Ken wrote in message <37D2C8AA.37B097C2@pacbell.net>...

>Robert Chaffe wrote:
>>
>> Should have known this was another American corruption of the language.
>> Wouldn't have bothered with my reply.
>>
>> rc
>
>Don't sell yourself short. Your reply helped me in my decision to comply
>with the double "L" spelling because I too could not see why a single
>"L" was appropriate.
>
>Thanks everyone,
>
>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
>http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Post a reply to this message

From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 7 Sep 1999 03:13:46
Message: <37d4bb2a@news.povray.org>
Mike <pov### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:37D2E652.90C8C2AD@aol.com...
> > Should have known this was another American corruption of the language.
> > Wouldn't have bothered with my reply.
>
> Thou art sincere in thy regret.  My apologies for the grievous harm thou
hath
> endured for my country's faults to your most noble and honourable
language.
> Take thou what course thou wilt.

Latin-1 character set)

--John

Post a reply to this message

From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 7 Sep 1999 10:22:57
Message: <37D51F9A.3C61943B@geocities.com>
"John M. Dlugosz" wrote:

> Mike <pov### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:37D2E652.90C8C2AD@aol.com...
> > > Should have known this was another American corruption of the language.
> > > Wouldn't have bothered with my reply.
> >
> > Thou art sincere in thy regret.  My apologies for the grievous harm thou
> hath
> > endured for my country's faults to your most noble and honourable
> language.
> > Take thou what course thou wilt.
>

> Latin-1 character set)
>
> --John

But then he'd have to use my UniPatch to get it rendered correctly.  :-P

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message