POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite! (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite!
Date: 30 Aug 1999 03:30:26
Message: <37CA32D8.4AA8320C@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   Couldn't these macros be used with the PCM format?
>   You could convert an ordinary mesh to PCM format with the triangle
> compressor program, then read it to arrays with Colefax's PCM macro and
> then use these macros.
>   Have you considered asking Colefax if you two could work together in
> a "superset" of mesh handling macros?

  I had similar thoughts when I read John's reply. It would be highly
advantagous if you could use his tools with existing mesh files instead
of only those you can generate yourself. For example many low polygon
count models are available for free on the net but are of poor quality
because of the low polygon count. The perfect solution of course if
subdivision of the existing triangles to help smooth curves and moderate
the number of seemingly flat faces. Sounds like a good suggestion to me.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: