POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New video cards may offload POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:33:49 EDT (-0400)
  New video cards may offload POV (Message 31 to 37 of 37)
From: Cliff Bowman
Subject: Re: New video cards may offload POV
Date: 29 Jul 1999 17:36:40
Message: <379f3d13.609325@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:26:56 GMT, Alan Kong <ako### [at] pacbellNO-SPAMnet>
wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:32:45 +0200, DEPerere <per### [at] bofinfomaniakch>
>wrote:
>
>>Thank's Ken.
>>I might (is my english coorect?) say you are answering very, but very
>>fast.
>
>  Scary, isn't it? :)
>
>--
I'm starting to think that the POv guys have been messing about with
some AI code...

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Jul 1999 17:43:59
Message: <37A0CB2E.5B5FBD9@compuserve.com>
Raytracing doesn't really take that long, that is a myth. POV-Ray uses
our processors(which are actually linked together, although you can't
usually tell) for processing portions of Ken's mind. The more we render,
the more processing power available for him.
;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 29 Jul 1999 22:00:10
Message: <37A10685.CCA64F06@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Raytracing doesn't really take that long, that is a myth. POV-Ray uses
> our processors(which are actually linked together, although you can't
> usually tell) for processing portions of Ken's mind. The more we render,
> the more processing power available for him.
> ;-)

...more power Scotty ! She given ya all she got capt'n...

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

From: Alberto
Date: 30 Jul 1999 14:03:25
Message: <37A1E961.3EFD82CC@ma.usb.ve>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Raytracing doesn't really take that long, that is a myth. POV-Ray uses
> our processors(which are actually linked together, although you can't
> usually tell) for processing portions of Ken's mind. The more we render,
> the more processing power available for him.
> ;-)

humm..., that would mean that behind the pov-ray code there is a big
eastern egg.

Post a reply to this message

From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 31 Jul 1999 11:04:45
Message: <37a2ea85.81516693@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:45:20 -0500, Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote:

>Raytracing doesn't really take that long, that is a myth. POV-Ray uses
>our processors(which are actually linked together, although you can't
>usually tell) for processing portions of Ken's mind. The more we render,
>the more processing power available for him.
>;-)

That explains a LOT - including why of late his links page seems to be
so useful for stuff I'm looking for (e.g. OBJ2POV).

Now all I have to work out is whether what I'm doing while 4 PC's here
are rendering tilts what KenAI does, or whether KenAI also puts out
subliminal messages so that I just "happen" to want what he's already
found...

From: Ken
Date: 31 Jul 1999 11:16:57
Message: <37A31286.C6829201@pacbell.net>
Cliff Bowman wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:45:20 -0500, Chris Huff
> <Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote:
>
> >Raytracing doesn't really take that long, that is a myth. POV-Ray uses
> >our processors(which are actually linked together, although you can't
> >usually tell) for processing portions of Ken's mind. The more we render,
> >the more processing power available for him.
> >;-)
> >

> That explains a LOT - including why of late his links page seems to be
> so useful for stuff I'm looking for (e.g. OBJ2POV).
>
> Now all I have to work out is whether what I'm doing while 4 PC's here
> are rendering tilts what KenAI does, or whether KenAI also puts out
> subliminal messages so that I just "happen" to want what he's already
> found...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff Bowman
> Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
> PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail

One correction sir- where you state KenAI that should read KenI as there is
nothing artificial about my intelligence what there is of it.

From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 3 Aug 1999 15:27:03
Message: <37a70b56.65269387@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 08:13:10 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Cliff Bowman wrote:
[snip]
>> Now all I have to work out is whether what I'm doing while 4 PC's here
>> are rendering tilts what KenAI does, or whether KenAI also puts out
>> subliminal messages so that I just "happen" to want what he's already
>> found...

[snip]

>One correction sir- where you state KenAI that should read KenI as there is
>nothing artificial about my intelligence what there is of it.
>
>--
I did consider that - but thought the danger of you being referred to
by the obvious deminutive ("Kenny") too high and insufficiently
respectful...