POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New video cards may offload POV : Re: New video cards may offload POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New video cards may offload POV
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 31 Jul 1999 11:04:45
Message: <37a2ea85.81516693@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:45:20 -0500, Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote:

>Raytracing doesn't really take that long, that is a myth. POV-Ray uses
>our processors(which are actually linked together, although you can't
>usually tell) for processing portions of Ken's mind. The more we render,
>the more processing power available for him.
>;-)

That explains a LOT - including why of late his links page seems to be
so useful for stuff I'm looking for (e.g. OBJ2POV).

Now all I have to work out is whether what I'm doing while 4 PC's here
are rendering tilts what KenAI does, or whether KenAI also puts out
subliminal messages so that I just "happen" to want what he's already
found...

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail