POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : YAGOM (Yet Another Ghost Object Method) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  YAGOM (Yet Another Ghost Object Method) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Robert Dawson
Subject: YAGOM (Yet Another Ghost Object Method)
Date: 15 Jul 1999 13:50:18
Message: <378e1f5a@news.povray.org>
Without testing this (I have a large slow render running at the moment),
I hereby add another
plausible method to generate shadows without an apparent casting object:

    difference{
        object{MyGhostCaster}
        sphere{<0,0,0>,10 no_shadow}  /*chosen to contain the GhostCaster*/
              }

    If this works as I think it will, the sphere will completely annihilate
the object, but
be omitted from shadow calculations...  Anybody want to confirm this?

    -Robert Dawson

Post a reply to this message