POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Server Stats for June Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  POV Server Stats for June (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POV Server Stats for June
Date: 9 Jul 1999 04:53:06
Message: <3785b872@news.povray.org>
FYI, following is a quick summary of the stats for the two main sites
(povray.org and irtc.org) on this machine for the month of June 1999.
It might serve to give some folks an idea as to why we need a fat pipe
for this site ;)

                                povray.org

POVWIN was the most-downloaded binary, with 9192 (full) + 2399 (split),
giving roughly 11,500 downloads for the month (almost 18,000 if we include
FTP ; see below).

The web site moved roughly 82 gigabytes. The FTP site did about 52 gigs,
giving a total for June of approximately 134 gigabytes.

On the FTP front, POVWIN was the most-downloaded file, with 6,809 downloads.
Second was the Linux version, with 2,589 downloads. Third and fourth were also
unix files (source and docs). These numbers, it should be pointed out, are
probably heavily influenced by the tendancy of Unix users to use FTP to
retrieve files. Nevertheless, it's a very good showing for the *nix platform.

                                  irtc.org

For the IRTC, the total HTTP traffic was about 65 gigabytes. The most down-
loaded file was /stills/1999-04-30/lake.jpg, with almost 18,000 retrievals
(this file is the thumbnail). The most-downloaded full image from the web site
was /ftp/pub/stills/1999-04-30/lake.jpg, with a touch over 7,000 downloads.

On the FTP side, the IRTC did about 8 gigabytes, giving a total of roughly
73 gigs for the IRTC for June.

This gives a total of over 200 gigabytes for the two above sites for the month.

At the moment (8 July), the machine is averaging roughly 10-11 gigabytes per
day.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

Can you give the total number of people that downloaded pov (all
platforms) in june?

Post a reply to this message