POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No action clicking on POV-files Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  No action clicking on POV-files (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dieter Gaffrey
Subject: No action clicking on POV-files
Date: 8 Jul 1999 06:32:32
Message: <37847E1B.86DA6EE1@ufobi6.uni-forst.gwdg.de>
Hallo,

I hope you can help me with my problem existing for several
days. (I don't remember whether there were changes of my system (PC,
W95)
which causes the trouble.)

Normally, when clicking in the Explorer on a (registered)
POV-file, Povray opens, the file will be loaded and it can be edited.
Povray beeing open, clicking on a second or third file, they are
loaded, additionally. Exactly this does not take place now.
If Povray is already open, clicking on a Pov-file results in moving
to the Pov-windows but then nothing more happens.

Thanks for any idea!

Dieter

University of Goettingen, Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology
Institute of Forest Biometry and Informatics
Dr. Dieter Gaffrey
Buesgenweg 4
37077 Goettingen
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)551 393460
Fax:     +49 (0)551 393465
http://www.uni-forst.gwdg.de/forst/fbi/homepa.html

Post a reply to this message

I get the same result here using version 3.1e. What version do you have?

Dieter Gaffrey wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I hope you can help me with my problem existing for several
> days. (I don't remember whether there were changes of my system (PC,
> W95)
> which causes the trouble.)
>
> Normally, when clicking in the Explorer on a (registered)
> POV-file, Povray opens, the file will be loaded and it can be edited.
> Povray beeing open, clicking on a second or third file, they are
> loaded, additionally. Exactly this does not take place now.
> If Povray is already open, clicking on a Pov-file results in moving
> to the Pov-windows but then nothing more happens.
>
> Thanks for any idea!
>
> Dieter
>
> --
> University of Goettingen, Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology
> Institute of Forest Biometry and Informatics
> Dr. Dieter Gaffrey
> Buesgenweg 4
> 37077 Goettingen
> Germany
>
> Phone: +49 (0)551 393460
> Fax:     +49 (0)551 393465
> http://www.uni-forst.gwdg.de/forst/fbi/homepa.html

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

> I get the same result here using version 3.1e. What version do you have?

my version is 3.1a, but what I find curious is that it   h a d   worked
properly.