POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures
Date: 2 Jul 1999 00:29:04
Message: <377C3F7E.497F5D8E@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> I am unable to download your macro.  When I tried, Netscape popped up a
> dialog box stating that a username and password were required.
>
> Mark

I just tried it and it worked fine with netscape 4.51.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 3 Jul 1999 05:55:12
Message: <377be805.22036897@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:09:41 GMT, shi### [at] gatenet (Jeff Lee) wrote:

[snip]
>Sorry about that, I guess I'm a bit touchy on that subject.  Once
>burned, twice disgruntled, or something like that.

Easy mistake to make, but most of the guys (and gals?) around here
seem to be pretty well clued up :)

[snip]

>Which bits do you feel are too restrictive?  I read the whole thing when
>I started using it, and didn't find anything I thought was unreasonable.

IIRC there is (or once was) a bit which said you couldn't burn POV
onto a CD. So far that's prevented me from passing it on to a freind
who could otherwise possibly be rendering a few hundred frames for me.
I might be misremembering (and maybe it was a "beta" POV which
shouldn't be distributed thusly) but having had some of my own (steam
driven) software ripped off in the past I take these things fairly
seriously too!

[snip]

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Wagner
Date: 3 Jul 1999 18:41:29
Message: <377e9199@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <377C3F7E.497F5D8E@pacbell.net>...

>Mark Wagner wrote:
>
>> I am unable to download your macro.  When I tried, Netscape popped up a
>> dialog box stating that a username and password were required.
>>
>> Mark
>
>I just tried it and it worked fine with netscape 4.51.

I just tried it, and it didn't work with Netscape 4.51

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 3 Jul 1999 19:08:00
Message: <377E9782.D358FE0F@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> Ken wrote in message <377C3F7E.497F5D8E@pacbell.net>...
> >

> >Mark Wagner wrote:
> >
> >> I am unable to download your macro.  When I tried, Netscape popped up a
> >> dialog box stating that a username and password were required.
> >>
> >> Mark
> >
> >I just tried it and it worked fine with netscape 4.51.
>
> I just tried it, and it didn't work with Netscape 4.51
>
> Mark

Would you like me to send it to you ?

From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Jul 1999 00:23:25
Message: <377fe16e.136338733@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 09:41:58 GMT, c.b### [at] cwcomduffcom (Cliff
Bowman) wrote:

>IIRC there is (or once was) a bit which said you couldn't burn POV
>onto a CD. So far that's prevented me from passing it on to a freind
>who could otherwise possibly be rendering a few hundred frames for me.
>I might be misremembering (and maybe it was a "beta" POV which
>shouldn't be distributed thusly) but having had some of my own (steam
>driven) software ripped off in the past I take these things fairly
>seriously too!

It was a beta.  If I recall correctly, the only restriction on CD
distribution in the "real" POVLEGAL is a maximum price per megabyte.
If you're just burning it for a friend, that probably doesn't apply.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Wagner
Date: 4 Jul 1999 02:41:38
Message: <377f0222@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <377E9782.D358FE0F@pacbell.net>...

>Mark Wagner wrote:
>>
>> Ken wrote in message <377C3F7E.497F5D8E@pacbell.net>...

>> >I just tried it and it worked fine with netscape 4.51.
>>
>> I just tried it, and it didn't work with Netscape 4.51
>>
>> Mark
>
>Would you like me to send it to you ?
>
>--
>Ken Tyler

No need to - I found the problem.  I was using Netscape's SmartDownload, and
SmartDownload does not use my e-mail address as an anonymous FTP password.
Once I disabled SmartDownload, the macro downloaded just fine.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 4 Jul 1999 10:43:29
Message: <377f5bcf.75288075@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:23:01 GMT, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 09:41:58 GMT, c.b### [at] cwcomduffcom (Cliff
>Bowman) wrote:
>
>>IIRC there is (or once was) a bit which said you couldn't burn POV
>>onto a CD. So far that's prevented me from passing it on to a freind
>>who could otherwise possibly be rendering a few hundred frames for me.
>>I might be misremembering (and maybe it was a "beta" POV which
>>shouldn't be distributed thusly) but having had some of my own (steam
>>driven) software ripped off in the past I take these things fairly
>>seriously too!
>
>It was a beta.  If I recall correctly, the only restriction on CD
>distribution in the "real" POVLEGAL is a maximum price per megabyte.
>If you're just burning it for a friend, that probably doesn't apply.

Excellent. Cheers Ron - now Janine's doomed, doomed I tell ya!
Let me see - what was her new PC? Celeron 366 IIRC. Only 64MB but
still better than my best (a Pentium 2 233). Now all I have to do is
burn the CD and get her kit set-up properly (probably check through
the POvlegal one more time to double-check though).