POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures : Re: New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 3 Jul 1999 05:55:12
Message: <377be805.22036897@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:09:41 GMT, shi### [at] gatenet (Jeff Lee) wrote:

[snip]
>Sorry about that, I guess I'm a bit touchy on that subject.  Once
>burned, twice disgruntled, or something like that.

Easy mistake to make, but most of the guys (and gals?) around here
seem to be pretty well clued up :)

[snip]

>Which bits do you feel are too restrictive?  I read the whole thing when
>I started using it, and didn't find anything I thought was unreasonable.

IIRC there is (or once was) a bit which said you couldn't burn POV
onto a CD. So far that's prevented me from passing it on to a freind
who could otherwise possibly be rendering a few hundred frames for me.
I might be misremembering (and maybe it was a "beta" POV which
shouldn't be distributed thusly) but having had some of my own (steam
driven) software ripped off in the past I take these things fairly
seriously too!

[snip]

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail