POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Warning about Geocities Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  A Warning about Geocities (Message 1 to 10 of 35)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: A Warning about Geocities
Date: 30 Jun 1999 03:40:13
Message: <3779CA01.45565471@geocities.com>
They have a new aggreement that includes a clause that basically says
they get to use whatever you post in whatever way they feel, forever and
at no charge.

see http://slashdot.org/articles/99/06/29/1535228.shtml

and

http://copyright.focus-online.com/copyright.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: A Warning about Geocities
Date: 30 Jun 1999 04:03:44
Message: <3779cf60@news.povray.org>
In article <3779CA01.45565471@geocities.com> , "Jon A. Cruz"
<jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

> They have a new aggreement that includes a clause that basically says
> they get to use whatever you post in whatever way they feel, forever and
> at no charge.
>
> see http://slashdot.org/articles/99/06/29/1535228.shtml
>
> and
>
> http://copyright.focus-online.com/copyright.html

Well, as far as I have read so for on the other free webspace offers, most
of them have terms like that...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom

For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind
Thorsten Froehlich wrote in message <3779cf60@news.povray.org>...
>In article <3779CA01.45565471@geocities.com> , "Jon A. Cruz"
><jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
>
>> They have a new aggreement that includes a clause that basically says
>> they get to use whatever you post in whatever way they feel, forever and
>> at no charge.
>>
>> see http://slashdot.org/articles/99/06/29/1535228.shtml
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://copyright.focus-online.com/copyright.html
>
>Well, as far as I have read so for on the other free webspace offers, most
>of them have terms like that...
>

>    Thorsten

>Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
>e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom
>
>Visit POV-Ray on the web: http://mac.povray.org

Post a reply to this message

> They have a new aggreement that includes a clause that basically says
> they get to use whatever you post in whatever way they feel, forever and
> at no charge.
>
> see http://slashdot.org/articles/99/06/29/1535228.shtml
>
> and
>
> http://copyright.focus-online.com/copyright.html

Damn, I just updated my site. If someone wants, then feel free to visit
it:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5016/

Post a reply to this message

You should probably have a link there so that people will know what is
going on.

perhaps http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8984/ would do fine.