POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Warning about Geocities : Re: A Warning about Geocities Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Warning about Geocities
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jun 1999 15:12:35
Message: <377A6BE4.447E86E0@pacbell.net>
Just so I unaderstand the full ramifications of what you are warning us
about let me propose a hypothetical situation and you tell me if it applies
to this "new" policy you are alerting us to.

  I have a website on Geocities that is bound by this new contract. I
decide to host a mirror site for Pov-Ray and put a copy of all of the
binaries on this page for people to download.
  Does the new policy imply that because I have those files on my site
they now have the unimpeded right to use the official Pov program to make
money on it ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net