POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!! (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!!
Date: 8 Apr 1999 00:35:44
Message: <370c2410.0@news.povray.org>
OK, the survey's over, the totals are in and the calculations have been
done!!!

There were 160 entries from January 6, 1999, 04:29:24 to Wednesday, April 7,
1999 at 04:31:37.

Here are the statistics:

Participant Stats:
     Total Participants: 160
     Males: 156
     Females: 4
     Males: 97.5%
     Females: 2.5%

Age Stats:
     Youngest Participant: 8.5
     Oldest Participant: 66
     Average Age (not medium): 27.757
     Oldest Male: 66
     Oldest Female: 40
     Youngest Male: 8.5
     Youngest Female: 17

User POV-Ray Usage Stats:
     Less than 1 year: 12.5%
     1-2 years: 12.5%
     2-3 years: 12.5%
     3-4 years: 12.5%
     4-5 years: 11.875%
     Greater than 5 years: 18.75%

Other Stats:
     IRTC Participation: 30.625%
     Upgraded to run POV faster: 38.75%
     Use POV-Ray at work: 25.625%
     Own Official CD-ROM(s): 23.75%
     Use other raytracers: 32.5%
     IMP member: 27.5%
     Over 1 month rendering time on a trace: 11.875%
     Released Custom 'Patch': 3.75%
     Email address entered: 69.375%

Operating System Stats:
     Multiple Operating Systems: 48.125%

     The following are the number of people using each OS:
     Win95: 79
     Win98: 28
     WinNT: 25
     Linux: 9
     Mac (PPC): 7
     SunOS: 4
     Win31: 2
     OS/2: 2
     FreeBSD: 1
     Unix (or variant): 1
     Mac (68K): 1

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!!!  MAY POV-RAY LIVE FOREVER!!!  WOO HOO!!!

And also welcome to our youngest POV-Member :)

Feel free to comment everyone!!!

Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone