POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Req: Candy Cane Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Req: Candy Cane (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Ken
Subject: Req: Candy Cane
Date: 25 Jun 1999 15:55:27
Message: <3773DF05.DF3FF07D@pacbell.net>
Hi ?

  Does anyone have a stripped candy cane they could share with me. I
can model the thing all right but getting the stripe to wrap around the
bend properly is giving me epileptic fits. I prefer a non patch solution
for this if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any help you may have to offer.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:56:53 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Hi ?
>
>  Does anyone have a stripped candy cane they could share with me. I
>can model the thing all right but getting the stripe to wrap around the
>bend properly is giving me epileptic fits. I prefer a non patch solution
>for this if at all possible.

That sounds difficult.  You might find it easier to write a script
to generate the stripe as a mesh that's just slightly larger than
a white candy-cane object.  Or of course you can see if the Object
Bender does what you need.

Post a reply to this message

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:56:53 -0700, Ken wrote:
> >
> >Hi ?
> >
> >  Does anyone have a stripped candy cane they could share with me. I
> >can model the thing all right but getting the stripe to wrap around the
> >bend properly is giving me epileptic fits. I prefer a non patch solution
> >for this if at all possible.
>
> That sounds difficult.  You might find it easier to write a script
> to generate the stripe as a mesh that's just slightly larger than
> a white candy-cane object.  Or of course you can see if the Object
> Bender does what you need.

 Unfortunatly I am not too adept at writing triangle construction scripts
so that rules out that option. The object bender is still an option I
have not overlooked but would like to avoid this too as I plan to create
possibly hundreds of duplicates and the parse time MAY be unnaceptable.
I have no experience with that particular inc file but have heard that
it is prohibitavly slow if the radius of the bend is excessive. A candy
can has a bend that exceeds 180 degrees which borders on excessive.