POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Req: Candy Cane : Re: Req: Candy Cane Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Req: Candy Cane
From: Ken
Date: 25 Jun 1999 18:19:06
Message: <377400AF.814E9A8B@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:56:53 -0700, Ken wrote:
> >
> >Hi ?
> >
> >  Does anyone have a stripped candy cane they could share with me. I
> >can model the thing all right but getting the stripe to wrap around the
> >bend properly is giving me epileptic fits. I prefer a non patch solution
> >for this if at all possible.
>
> That sounds difficult.  You might find it easier to write a script
> to generate the stripe as a mesh that's just slightly larger than
> a white candy-cane object.  Or of course you can see if the Object
> Bender does what you need.

 Unfortunatly I am not too adept at writing triangle construction scripts
so that rules out that option. The object bender is still an option I
have not overlooked but would like to avoid this too as I plan to create
possibly hundreds of duplicates and the parse time MAY be unnaceptable.
I have no experience with that particular inc file but have heard that
it is prohibitavly slow if the radius of the bend is excessive. A candy
can has a bend that exceeds 180 degrees which borders on excessive.
--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net