POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One little animation question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  One little animation question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dan
Subject: One little animation question
Date: 16 Jun 1999 19:14:51
Message: <37683106.4904E144@earthlink.net>
Hello,

I have searched in vain through the POV-Ray documentation for a way to
have it automatically assign a new name to each frame in an
animation...e.g., so that in the end I will have "x" images, each
corresponding to a frame.

Anyone know how to do that, or perhaps just point me to where I can find
it?

And I might as well ask this too - I could have sworn I saw macro or
other thingie that creates animated smoke...does that ring a bell?

TIA,

Dan

Post a reply to this message

> I have searched in vain through the POV-Ray documentation for a way to
> have it automatically assign a new name to each frame in an
> animation...e.g., so that in the end I will have "x" images, each
> corresponding to a frame.
>
> Anyone know how to do that, or perhaps just point me to where I can find
> it?

Pov automaticaly assigns a sequentail numerical name to each image as it is
produced. For example you have a pov file named bob.pov. If you run a 10
fram animation then pov will assign the names bob001.tga, bob002.tga, etc.
as it renders each frame. Simple isn't it :-)

> And I might as well ask this too - I could have sworn I saw macro or
> other thingie that creates animated smoke...does that ring a bell?
>
> TIA,
>
> Dan

Smokegen is the utility you are looking for.

http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch/smokegen/smokegen.htm

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

>> I have searched in vain through the POV-Ray documentation for a way to
>> have it automatically assign a new name to each frame in an
>> animation...e.g., so that in the end I will have "x" images, each
>> corresponding to a frame.
>>
>> Anyone know how to do that, or perhaps just point me to where I can find
>> it?
>
>Pov automaticaly assigns a sequentail numerical name to each image as it is
>produced. For example you have a pov file named bob.pov. If you run a 10
>fram animation then pov will assign the names bob001.tga, bob002.tga, etc.
>as it renders each frame. Simple isn't it :-)

Actually, for a 10 frame animation, it would be bob01.tga to bob10.tga.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote in message

> Ken wrote in message <376850FC.C0D94844@pacbell.net>...
<snip>
> >Pov automaticaly assigns a sequentail numerical name to each image as it
is
> >produced. For example you have a pov file named bob.pov. If you run a 10
> >fram animation then pov will assign the names bob001.tga, bob002.tga,
etc.
> >as it renders each frame. Simple isn't it :-)
>
> Actually, for a 10 frame animation, it would be bob01.tga to bob10.tga.

Ken 5027 : Mark 1

:)

/\/\/\//