POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  NURBS? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Jan Danielsson
Subject: NURBS?
Date: 12 Jun 1999 04:52:40
Message: <wnaqnavryffbasnyhaznvygryvnpbz.fd7ylo0.pminews@news.povray.org>
What are NURBS? Everyone seems to want them, so I guess it's something good.
But what?! :-)

 /j

Post a reply to this message

From: Dr  Reinhard Rettelbach
Subject: Re: NURBS?
Date: 12 Jun 1999 09:08:00
Message: <37625BAF.207FE017@t-online.de>
Jan Danielsson wrote:

> What are NURBS? Everyone seems to want them, so I guess it's something good.
> But what?! :-)
>
>  /j

Non uniform rational b-splines.

See lightning3D tutorial for a short explanation.
http://www.storm3d.com/

ReVerSi

Post a reply to this message

From: Simon de Vet
Date: 12 Jun 1999 11:01:47
Message: <37627686.A1B09E2F@istar.ca>
Jan Danielsson wrote:

> What are NURBS? Everyone seems to want them, so I guess it's something good.
> But what?! :-)

I don't know WHAT they are, but they are very cool. Learn be experimentation...
try the Rhino modeller demo at www.rhino.com

In practical terms, you can use them to do stuff normally done by bezier
patches, but better, and nicer. Wheeee!

:)

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet