POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star Wars(Spoiler Free) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Star Wars(Spoiler Free) (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Phil Clute
Subject: Star Wars(Spoiler Free)
Date: 19 May 1999 04:07:26
Message: <374264B0.1D389B94@tiac.net>
Don't worry I'm not going to give anything away. I know
some of you won't be able to see it for quite some time,
but I wanted to correct the "bad reviews" The Phantom Menace
has been getting. Those reviews are erroneous! The movie was
good. I think the problem with the press has been that when
they saw Star Wars as kids they loved it and were surprised
by it. Now they are adults, and they watch movies from an
adult point of view. So now when they see The Phantom Menace,
they see silly creatures, fantasy places and magical Jedi that
don't exist in the real world. But it's great stuff if you can
forget about being an adult for 2 1/2 hours.

   And besides, the saber fights are awesome!...

Phil
--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

> don't exist in the real world. But it's great stuff if you can
> forget about being an adult for 2 1/2 hours.
>
>    And besides, the saber fights are awesome!...

I think you are right on in your discussion. It's a serial, and it's
targeted at kids - or rather, the kid in all of us. "Suspension of
disbelief" is easier for some than others ... apparently not easy for
mainstream critics, though.

Jon

Post a reply to this message