POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Lewis
Subject: Announce: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition
Date: 19 Apr 1999 16:56:07
Message: <371B8ACE.1BA3ABF1@netvision.net.il>
I've decided to tribute Gilles Tran for his astonishing work, by
starting a new competition: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition.
The Gilles Tran Raytracing and Originality award will be presented to
anyone who comes up with the most original tiny-story attached to the
most beutiful raytraced picture. If Gilles would agree, I'd like him to
choose the winner himself. Just to get things going, I entered my entry
(see povray.binaries.images) already.

And just in case anyone out there is wondering what is all this Gilles
Tran worshipping, I'd like to point out that an artist hardly ever gets
recognition for his work (believe me, I know, and not only because of
POV). Instead, usually, the work either goes unnoticed or if it makes
it, it becomes unappriciated for what it is. I know this, because I also
compose a little.

Post a reply to this message

This is great praise, and he is surely worth it.
As a below-average tracer(I can't compose a good scene, and finish it) I'm not
to concerend with the almost nonexistant praise on my images, but I know that
few artists get the praise they deserve for their great effort, therefore I've
taken to spread the envangelium of Gilles (Wheee) to people.

I'll think of a topic to work on. bbl :-)

--
//Spider
        [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]

Post a reply to this message