POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More POV-Ray humor Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  More POV-Ray humor (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: More POV-Ray humor
Date: 16 Apr 1999 09:47:59
Message: <3717317f.0@news.povray.org>
Q: How many POV-Ray users does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 227.

  1 to ask how to do it in povray.general.
  8 to answer the question
  1 to post an article wondering how Ken Tyler can answer so fast to the
questions.
  26 to start a thread about what's the best way to model a working light
bulb with POV-Ray.
  1 to post that although he puts the camera just right in front of the
light bulb, he can't see anything.
  3 to answer with a URL to the povVFAQ page.
  2 to complain that answering with just a URL is not polite.
  10 to justify the URL post and to explain why it's a good answer.
  1 to suggest a new light_bulb primitive for the next version on POV-Ray.
  5 to laugh at this.
  1 to make a light bulb #macro and post it in povray.text.scene-files.
  1 to post a "you have been raytracing too long"-joke about light bulbs.
  37 to answer to this with their own "raytracing too long"-jokes.
  1 to start a "POV-ray users using light bulbs"-survey and to render a world
map indicating the location of the users.
  129 to participate in the survey.

> Q: How many POV-Ray users does it take to change a light bulb?
>
> A: 227.
>
>   1 to ask how to do it in povray.general.
>   8 to answer the question
>   1 to post an article wondering how Ken Tyler can answer so fast to the
> questions.
>   26 to start a thread about what's the best way to model a working light
> bulb with POV-Ray.
>   1 to post that although he puts the camera just right in front of the
> light bulb, he can't see anything.
>   3 to answer with a URL to the povVFAQ page.
>   2 to complain that answering with just a URL is not polite.
>   10 to justify the URL post and to explain why it's a good answer.
>   1 to suggest a new light_bulb primitive for the next version on POV-Ray.
>   5 to laugh at this.
>   1 to make a light bulb #macro and post it in povray.text.scene-files.
>   1 to post a "you have been raytracing too long"-joke about light bulbs.
>   37 to answer to this with their own "raytracing too long"-jokes.
>   1 to start a "POV-ray users using light bulbs"-survey and to render a world
> map indicating the location of the users.
>   129 to participate in the survey.
>
> --
> main(i,_){for(_?--i,main(i+2,"FhhQHFIJD|FQTITFN]zRFHhhTBFHhhTBFysdB"[i]

You forgot to mention the one who's asking for the new newsgroup
povray.modelling.lightbulb!

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler