POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: object gone.... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Q: object gone.... (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: ingo
Subject: Q: object gone....
Date: 11 Apr 1999 10:41:33
Message: <3710a68d.0@news.povray.org>
I was playing with Anthony's ascale macro. When to shapes made with the
macro are differenced, the complet object is gone. What is the reason for
this?

#macro ascale(obj,XYZ,s1,s2)//by Anthony Bennet
union{
object{obj scale s1 clipped_by{plane{ XYZ,0}}}
object{obj scale s2 clipped_by{plane{-XYZ,0}}}
}
#end

#declare Ball=sphere{0,1 pigment{Red}}
#declare Ball=object{ascale(Ball,y,<1,1,1>,<1,2,1>)}

#declare Cyl=cylinder{-2*z,2*z,0.25}
#declare Cyl=object{ascale(Cyl,y,<1,1,1>,<1,2,1>)}

difference{
object{Ball}
object{Cyl}
pigment{Red}
}

ingo
--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.

Post a reply to this message