POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Explosions using media in POV 3.1 - Help! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:33:20 EDT (-0400)
  Explosions using media in POV 3.1 - Help! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dylan Beattie
Subject: Explosions using media in POV 3.1 - Help!
Date: 5 Apr 1999 21:06:20
Message: <37094F2A.FE74A9C6@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Hi All,

I'm trying to model explosions (fireballs, shockwaves, Praxis waves,
that sort of thing) for use in space battle scenes using POV-Ray 3.1,
and I can't seem to get media to do what I want it to. Has anyone out
there modelled any explosion effects with any degree of success? and if
so, would they be prepared to share their code or give me a few
pointers? I can get the 'perfect spherical fireball' effects OK, but the
turbulence modifier doesn't look as convincing as it used to with halos,
and as far as I can see there's no tutorial info on the new media stuff
in the 3.1 documentation.

Cheers,

D.

Dylan Beattie          dmb### [at] ecssotonacuknospam
Pt II Computer Science,    University of Southampton
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dmb197/     ICQ:34865704

> I'm trying to model explosions (fireballs, shockwaves, Praxis waves,
> that sort of thing) for use in space battle scenes using POV-Ray 3.1,
> and I can't seem to get media to do what I want it to. Has anyone out
> there modelled any explosion effects with any degree of success? and if
> so, would they be prepared to share their code or give me a few
> pointers? I can get the 'perfect spherical fireball' effects OK, but the
> turbulence modifier doesn't look as convincing as it used to with halos,
> and as far as I can see there's no tutorial info on the new media stuff
> in the 3.1 documentation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> D.

> Dylan Beattie          dmb### [at] ecssotonacuknospam
> Pt II Computer Science,    University of Southampton
> http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dmb197/     ICQ:34865704

Hi Dylan.

Haven't heard from you in quite a while.

   Take a look around in the povray.text.scene-files as well
as it's binary equivelant. There have been a couple of fireball
related examples posted there. One that was rather noteworthy.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message