POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Explosions using media in POV 3.1 - Help! : Re: Explosions using media in POV 3.1 - Help! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Explosions using media in POV 3.1 - Help!
From: Dylan Beattie
Date: 9 Apr 1999 20:20:20
Message: <370E8A2A.4985D198@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
H. E. Day wrote:

> Yeah, ole buddy.  Here's some work along those lines. Tell me what you
> think, ok?
> Oh, by the way, feel free to put these on the Pov-Ray Collection!
> And this is a work in progress...

Hi guys - nice to see someone remembers me after all this time :)

As for Howard's explosion plugin - wow! It'll take a little while to
work out what the various options do, but it looks great so far - the
shockwave option is particularly appealing. The only suggestion - and
I'm sure you've already thought of this! - is that once it's finished,
some decent documentation and examples will make all the difference. I
know it's only WIP at the moment, but I'd hate to see another great
utility not used to it's full potential 'cos no-one really knows how to
use it. Drop me a line if you want any help with documenting it or
seeing what it's capable of... :)

Thanks, and good luck with it!

D.

Dylan Beattie          dmb### [at] ecssotonacuknospam
Pt II Computer Science,    University of Southampton
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dmb197/     ICQ:34865704